#1 Codingfish

Codingfish

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi,

I'm working with Domainer for a while now and made several updates without any problems.

Now I updated from 1.9 to 1.9.5 and Domainer just stops working.

It's producing popups (Report Issue) all the time and is completely unusable. I can do nothing(!) without getting popups.

Already deleted the Database and started from scratch -> no effort. Keeps crashing.

Im using Mac OS 10.6.2 (latest version) on an MBP.

Pretty annoying.

Any ideas?

Regards

Achim

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

I'm working with Domainer for a while now and made several updates without any problems.

Now I updated from 1.9 to 1.9.5 and Domainer just stops working.

It's producing popups (Report Issue) all the time and is completely unusable. I can do nothing(!) without getting popups.

Already deleted the Database and started from scratch -> no effort. Keeps crashing.

Im using Mac OS 10.6.2 (latest version) on an MBP.

Pretty annoying.

Any ideas?

Regards

Achim

What probably happened is you tried to install Domainer by dragging it to your applications folder BUT you had an older version opened. You probably also got a permissions error when trying to install.

If this is the case, just delete the version you have installed and re-install.

When you install updates, you need to make sure all previous versions are not opened. Its best to delete older versions before updating. Don't worry, you will never lose any data.

If this doesn't work, please send us the reports by clicking Send Report. If we don't get the reports it hard to know what the problem is.

#3 Codingfish

Codingfish

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Hi,

What probably happened is you tried to install Domainer by dragging it to your applications folder BUT you had an older version opened. You probably also got a permissions error when trying to install.

That may be.

If this is the case, just delete the version you have installed and re-install.

I did many times now. No success.

Even with a fresh install (after deleting the older version) with no database it crashes immediately when I add a domain.

Regards

Achim

#4 Codingfish

Codingfish

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hi again,

the good news is, I got it working now.

The bad new is, it doesn't work with my "old" domain database.

I used an app cleaner which deleted 4(?) files from the disk. Then I installed a brand new 1.9.5 version, entered my serial number and started with an empty database. That worked.

As soon as I copy my 1.9 database with all my domains in the directory, it crashes again.

So, there was not only my database file corrupted, it was one of the other files as well. XML file?

Have a running version now with an empty database.

Sorry but that was a horrible update. Hours of work until I got it running and still some work left to enter my domains.

Don't worry, you will never lose any data.

Yes, if I restore a backup.

Regards

Achim

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Hi again,

the good news is, I got it working now.

The bad new is, it doesn't work with my "old" domain database.

I used an app cleaner which deleted 4(?) files from the disk. Then I installed a brand new 1.9.5 version, entered my serial number and started with an empty database. That worked.

As soon as I copy my 1.9 database with all my domains in the directory, it crashes again.

So, there was not only my database file corrupted, it was one of the other files as well. XML file?

Have a running version now with an empty database.

Sorry but that was a horrible update. Hours of work until I got it running and still some work left to enter my domains.

Don't worry, you will never lose any data.

Yes, if I restore a backup.

Regards

Achim

Hi Achim,

You NEED to send the crash reports to us otherwise I have no idea what is causing the crash.

You can also send me your database file and I will take a look at it. Most likely I can recover all your domains and info.

To install updates, just make sure you don't have a previous version running or delete JUST the application. You don't need to use an app uninstaller/deleter. It's just over complicating things.

#6 andie

andie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

I'm not able to send the crash report. The button dosn't work!!!
All buttons dosn't work! I must quit the App myself.
The error is shown at the start of the App. I'm not able to enter the license code!
I've had deleted the old App and install the new one. There are no data of an older version.. (I think).
What can I do to start the App?

Regards,
Andie

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

The error is shown at the start of the App. I'm not able to enter the license code!
I've had deleted the old App and install the new one. There are no data of an older version.. (I think).

Regards,
Andie

What do you mean the button doesn't work? What happens when you press the button to send the crash report?

#8 andie

andie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:12 AM

Hi,

Regards,
Andie

What do you mean the button doesn't work? What happens when you press the button to send the crash report?

Hi there,

no matter what button I push, the window flashes briefly on and nothing happens. I can not finish it as well.

#9 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:21 AM

Hi,

Regards,
Andie

Hi there,

no matter what button I push, the window flashes briefly on and nothing happens. I can not finish it as well.

Delete the application again BEFORE downloading and installing the update;
http://www.ragesw.com/products/domainer.html

#10 andie

andie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

Regards,
Andie

Hi there,

Delete the application again BEFORE downloading and installing the update;
http://www.ragesw.com/products/domainer.html

It did not help! The same procedure as in past times. And I had even deleted the trash before downloading the app.

>>> I was able to send a bug report!

Edited by andie, 06 January 2010 - 09:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users