4 replies to this topic

#1 patrrickfifth

patrrickfifth

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

I can't get google to verify my site made in iWeb and hosted on mobileme. I have put the verification code into the site settings in SEO tool to no avail. I put the code into SEO tool site settings and applied it to the entire site.

Is there a step by step guide for verifying multiple iWeb sites with SEO tool and/or Sitemap automator?

Thanks.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

I can't get google to verify my site made in iWeb and hosted on mobileme. I have put the verification code into the site settings in SEO tool to no avail. I put the code into SEO tool site settings and applied it to the entire site.

Is there a step by step guide for verifying multiple iWeb sites with SEO tool and/or Sitemap automator?

Thanks.

Hi,

You should verify your website with Sitemap Automator, not iWeb SEO Tool. Here is a step by step video tutorial on how to do so;

http://www.ragesw.com/products/googlesitemap/samples/101/

#3 patrrickfifth

patrrickfifth

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

Almost got there. I got the sitemap recognized at google but here's the issue. When I scan the website in Automator and it takes me to the Create Sitemap tab Publish... is greyed out. I have Publish to iDisk selected but have no option after that point.

Another issue is my blog created in iWeb, when I scan that site it gives just three links, there are many, many more than that. Any clues?

Thanks for your quick response, Happy Holidays!

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Almost got there. I got the sitemap recognized at google but here's the issue. When I scan the website in Automator and it takes me to the Create Sitemap tab Publish... is greyed out. I have Publish to iDisk selected but have no option after that point.

Another issue is my blog created in iWeb, when I scan that site it gives just three links, there are many, many more than that. Any clues?

Thanks for your quick response, Happy Holidays!

If you quit and relaunch is the Publish button enabled? You may have to re-download.

What is your website URL? I'd have to see it to know why Sitemap Automator isn't scanning all pages.

#5 patrrickfifth

patrrickfifth

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

I relaunched just before I got your reply and poof: it showed up. All is good in the world tonight! Thanks again for your fast response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users