#1 Steve

Steve

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hello,

I just discovered iWeb SEO tool and it's great! I'm having a problem though, it won't let me do anything to any page that's in a folder. For instance I can add a title and meta tags to a web page and it works fine. But when I go a level down, into a folder iWeb SEO won't save any changes. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

There is nothing to optimize on a folder. The folder is just there showing you what files are included inside that folder. So no, you are not doing anything wrong.

#3 Steve

Steve

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

There is nothing to optimize on a folder. The folder is just there showing you what files are included inside that folder. So no, you are not doing anything wrong.

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear.

I couldn't optimize the file that was in the folder. The folder is one folder down inside of the website's folder. I't happens to be the blog folder. I'm trying to work on the archive and blog pages and the changes never take effect.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

I couldn't optimize the file that was in the folder. The folder is one folder down inside of the website's folder. I't happens to be the blog folder. I'm trying to work on the archive and blog pages and the changes never take effect.

Hi,

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?

#5 Steve

Steve

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hi,

Here you go:

http://gallery.me.com/stevescherer/100116

In this shot, I am trying to save the title Steve'sBlog Archive and it never saves.

The files AboutMe, Home and WDW all worked fine. The ones labeled Archive and Blog couldn't save changes.

I'm on an Intel iMac running Snow Leopard.

Thanks much

#6 Steve

Steve

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

Hi,

Here you go:

http://gallery.me.com/stevescherer/100116

In this shot, I am trying to save the title Steve'sBlog Archive and it never saves.

The files AboutMe, Home and WDW all worked fine. The ones labeled Archive and Blog couldn't save changes.

I'm on an Intel iMac running Snow Leopard.

Thanks much

And I'm using iWebSEO Tool 1.7.1

Steve

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

The reason it's not working for you is because optimizing a blog page will cause blog commenting to not function. Because of this, iWeb SEO Tool defaults to not allow the optimization of a blog page. If you want to optimize a blog page anyways, you must change your preferences to allow this.

#8 Steve

Steve

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

The reason it's not working for you is because optimizing a blog page will cause blog commenting to not function. Because of this, iWeb SEO Tool defaults to not allow the optimization of a blog page. If you want to optimize a blog page anyways, you must change your preferences to allow this.

Thanks much for your help, I'll do just that. I'm loving this software.

Steve

#9 robertjlamb

robertjlamb

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Hi Jeremy - I'm having a similar problem - my blog entries don't have comment functionality on mobileme. I've checked and the preferences are set to do not optimize if path contains 'blog'. I do have Google Analytics code in my site settings - could that be a problem? I don't have any other SEO functions for the blog entries apart from title tags.

#10 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:05 PM

No it wouldn't be because of Google Analytics. I'm not sure why in your case. I would need more information.

I would try republishing in iWeb, then go back to iWeb SEO Tool and re-apply your saved tags. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a try.

#11 robertjlamb

robertjlamb

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

No it wouldn't be because of Google Analytics. I'm not sure why in your case. I would need more information.

I would try republishing in iWeb, then go back to iWeb SEO Tool and re-apply your saved tags. I'm not sure if that will work, but it's worth a try.

Ok, sound methodology, gave it a try. Publish direct - comments active (I posted one and it stuck). Publish via SEO Tool - no commenting.

I'm running SEO Tool 1.7.1 and iWeb 3.0.1 on Mac 10.6.2.

The site is www.pmi-aus.com.au, happy to share any other info, many thanks for your help.

#12 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

Ok, sound methodology, gave it a try. Publish direct - comments active (I posted one and it stuck). Publish via SEO Tool - no commenting.

I'm running SEO Tool 1.7.1 and iWeb 3.0.1 on Mac 10.6.2.

The site is www.pmi-aus.com.au, happy to share any other info, many thanks for your help.

iWeb and MobileMe use a commenting system where comments are synced between the server (MobileMe) and iWeb locally.

You need to always publish with iWeb and then use iWeb SEO Tool's Load from iDisk feature to optimize your site. It will be slower but unfortunately it's the only way.

#13 robertjlamb

robertjlamb

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

Ok, thanks, that seems to work fine.

To summarise for anyone coming new to this topic.

If you want to have blog comments on an iWeb 09 mobileme site that is optimised with iWeb SEO (e.g. to use Google Analytics) you need to:

1) Publish your site directly from iWeb 09 to mobile me
2) In SEO Tool, check that optimisation is excluded from an file paths that you want to enable comments for. This will depend on what you call these web pages in the main iWeb site menu. The default is 'blog' - if you call it something else you need to set that up in the preference options
3) Select "Load iDisk sites"
4) Enter your mobileme username and password (you don't get immediate feedback that SEO Tool is logging in, so wait a while)
5) Select the website you want to work on (if you have more than one)
6) Add the new html to SEO, or just re-apply saved tags if there are no changes
7) Press the publish button and multi-task till done

Thanks for the prompt and helpful responses on this support forum!

#14 dfinsthw

dfinsthw

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

If you want to have blog comments on an iWeb 09 mobileme site that is optimised with iWeb SEO (e.g. to use Google Analytics) you need to:

2) In SEO Tool, check that optimisation is excluded from an file paths that you want to enable comments for. This will depend on what you call these web pages in the main iWeb site menu. The default is 'blog' - if you call it something else you need to set that up in the preference options
4) Enter your mobileme username and password (you don't get immediate feedback that SEO Tool is logging in, so wait a while)

So, if I understand you correctly you must choose between having the comments feature or blog entry optimization? If so your by allowing commenting on your blog entries they will not be searchable which may be worse.
Did I miss something here?

#15 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

So, if I understand you correctly you must choose between having the comments feature or blog entry optimization? If so your by allowing commenting on your blog entries they will not be searchable which may be worse.
Did I miss something here?

We have just uploaded a beta version of iWeb SEO Tool 1.9 today (June 16, 2010) which will now work with iDisk syncing (as well as optimizing blog pages). You can get it by creating a free beta testers account on trybeta at;

http://www.trybeta.com

You will see it listed there.

NOTE: This is a BETA version which means it is still in testing and has not been officially released. Please report any problems you have with it ASAP so we can fix them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users