3 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

I am trying to reinstall SERank 2 on my Mac.

However it won't accept the ver 2.0 serial number because it's an upgrade serial, and there seems to be no obvious place to enter my ver 1.0 serial number.

The whole process is very bloody frustrating.

How do I get SERank working again ???

#2 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

Just to clarify some information and hopefully shortcut some help.

I registered SE Rank 1.0 with my name but my companies email account.

SE Rank 2.0 was still in my name but this time it was my personal email account I used.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of names, emails and still the stupid Activate screen won't validate me with your servers.

As they say - this kind of activation crap only hurts legitimate users.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

Just to clarify some information and hopefully shortcut some help.

I registered SE Rank 1.0 with my name but my companies email account.

SE Rank 2.0 was still in my name but this time it was my personal email account I used.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of names, emails and still the stupid Activate screen won't validate me with your servers.

As they say - this kind of activation crap only hurts legitimate users.

You should be entering the details *exactly* as they are sent to you for each serial number. If your email changed with an update then you need to enter the new email for the new serial number.

The serial number not validating has nothing to do with activation. It has to validate locally first and won't if the name/email/serial number are not entered correctly.

#4 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Firstly thanks for helping with the new S/N - worked fine and I'm now up and running again.

My emails and serial numbers were validating within the software. I was only when it went to validate with the server the problem came back.

My problem was with the procedure of having to register the old S/N first before using the code I had for 2.0. For whatever reason my 1.0 code wouldn't work and so I got stuck. Figure I spent about 4 hours trying to get it working on a Sunday morning. Given my hourly rate it would have been cheaper and easier for me to BUY another full version if I had known that at the start.

An option to download a 1.x version to test the old S/N on would have been great.

Given we need to provide proof to get the 2.0 upgrade serial number when we purchase the upgrade, the program should just accept that code without all the stuffing about with 1.x codes.

Cheers, and thanks again for the help - and an awesome suite of programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users