3 replies to this topic

#1 magickeith

magickeith

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

For some reason, whether I'm using Safari 5.0.2 or FireFox 3.5.3, my Alt Image Text (tags?) are not showing up anywhere.
They don't show when I hover the mouse over the picture OR in the status bar.
If I drag the picture to my desktop I still get the old image title.

If I turn off Image Loading in Preferences, there's no indication of a photo or it's name.

Where would I normally find the Alt Image Tags in Safari to see if iWeb SEO tool is working properly?
And is there a troubleshooting procedure I can try to see why the image tags aren't 'stickng'?

My tags are still in iWeb SEO tool after Quiting and then opening back up.

Thank you for any direction.

Here's the link to the site:
http://beststmaartenvilla.com

Edited by magickeith, 14 October 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

For some reason, whether I'm using Safari 5.0.2 or FireFox 3.5.3, my Alt Image Text (tags?) are not showing up anywhere.
They don't show when I hover the mouse over the picture OR in the status bar.
If I drag the picture to my desktop I still get the old image title.

If I turn off Image Loading in Preferences, there's no indication of a photo or it's name.

Where would I normally find the Alt Image Tags in Safari to see if iWeb SEO tool is working properly?
And is there a troubleshooting procedure I can try to see why the image tags aren't 'stickng'?

My tags are still in iWeb SEO tool after Quiting and then opening back up.

Thank you for any direction.

Here's the link to the site:
http://beststmaartenvilla.com

Most of your images have alt text. Alt text doesn't show up when you put your mouse over an image or in the status bar of the browser so you will not see them there.

You can go to View -> View Source and search for your alt tags like I did and you will see that they are there.

#3 draganm

draganm

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Hi,
this is very helpful info, thank you. I am new to this so this might sound as stupid question but here it is:

Does the image name (name that appears when you click on image and go "save as") have impact on SEO? Should I change those so they include keywords I am targeting?

Or is it enough to have desired photo description in "alt text" for the search engines to improve your rankings?

Thank you,
Dragan

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi Dragan,

I would definitely include keywords in my image names. When search engines see IMG8943.jpg, it has no idea what the actual image may be. But if the image name was left-handed-golf-clubs.jpg, it becomes much easier for search engines to classify this image.

This is of course, in addition to Alt Text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users