6 replies to this topic

#1 thomasbricker

thomasbricker

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

I have already correctly titled my index page within iWeb.
But when I look at the export to local folder, either in my finder or within iWeb SEO Tool, I am seeing both an index.html file and my correctly named file. So what should I do?
If I rename the file called index.html, wont it break the site?

#2 thomasbricker

thomasbricker

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

I have already correctly titled my index page within iWeb.
But when I look at the export to local folder, either in my finder or within iWeb SEO Tool, I am seeing both an index.html file and my correctly named file. So what should I do?
If I rename the file called index.html, wont it break the site?

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

You do not need to make any optimizations to the index.html. Make them to the other .html pages. Also, do not rename the index.html file.

#4 thomasbricker

thomasbricker

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

I left the index.html page alone and included it with the upload to the server.

I just didnt hear or see any mention of this "extra" index.html page in any of the videos or instructions Ive seen.
The correctly titled home page within an iWeb site is exactly the same as this "index.html" page.
Why is the redundancy necessary?

I know that every site must have a file named index.html within the top level of the site.
I just dont understand the logic of the duplicate html file.

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

I just didnt hear or see any mention of this "extra" index.html page in any of the videos or instructions Ive seen.
The correctly titled home page within an iWeb site is exactly the same as this "index.html" page.

I know that every site must have a file named index.html within the top level of the site.

This is how iWeb creates websites. The index.html just forwards to your main page.

#6 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

This is how iWeb creates websites. The index.html just forwards to your main page.

Oops. I went ahead and assigned tags to that duplicate index.html file. Did I mess it up?

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Oops. I went ahead and assigned tags to that duplicate index.html file. Did I mess it up?

No, it doesn't matter whether you do this or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users