13 replies to this topic

#1 pauly

pauly

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

It seems that Domainer is no longer picking up backlinks - anyone else had this problem or know how to fix.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hi Pauly. This is a known issue right now, and we are working on a fix for it. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this matter.

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

FYI we have fixed this issue. An update should come out in the next few days (today is Sept 28, 2011), so expect it very soon.

#4 pauly

pauly

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for that, It is now working. However, I noticed a massive decrease in all my sites reported back links. The Yahoo site explorer is showing me way more backlinks than Domainer is showing. Where is domainer pulling the backlink info from?

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Can you give me an example of a domain that shows a difference in domainer vs Yahoo Site Explorer? Domainer is getting the link details from Yahoo Site Explorer so they should be the same.

#6 Rebecca

Rebecca

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hello Pauly and RageSW,

I've just updated to the new version (2.1) and am no longer seeing the right amount of incoming links (there are many less than there should be) and all of the PageRanks for my sites are showing as 0. I see in the reply that this issue was fixed, so I was wondering if my issue is unique or if it is more likely related to the issue you were having?

Thanks,
Rebecca

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

We have fixed both the back link issue and the google page rank issue in version 2.1.

We are getting ready to post version 2.2 with those features, plus a few other great features as well. Should be available by Monday (Oct 8, 2011).

#8 Rebecca

Rebecca

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Hello RageSW,

Since my last post I've downloaded another version upgrade for Domainer, although the most recent update is 2.1.1 and not 2.2. The PR issues seems to be fixed, but the number of backlinks is still too low. For example, one of the sites I monitor is DUICenter.com. Last month, the number of backlinks was 8,214. Now, it is showing as 5,868. I know that site backlinks can fluctuate month-to-month, but losing nearly 3,000 links in a month doesn't seem realistic. Is anyone else having this issue with the new version(s)?

Thanks again,
Rebecca

#9 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

Because we use Yahoo as our source for incoming links and they have since merged their search engine backend technology with Bing, you may see big changes in the number of links.

Have you seen our new tool, SEIntelligence

I think you will really like this for checking back links. The new, official version being released soon, will integrate with Facebook and let you know how many times a link is shared/linked on Facebook. When you see the features it provides, I think you will really like it!

#10 Tribulatio

Tribulatio

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Well, I am using Domainer v. 2.1.1, i.e. the most recent one, and I am sorry to report that currently, when I update a domain name, Alexa Rank and Incoming Links are down to 0 - for all domain names, including those having thousands iof incoming links. Page Rank remains fine.

Obviously, there is here something that should be fixed. Thank you for looking at the problem!

#11 Tribulatio

Tribulatio

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Sorry! I just realize this is NOT the latest version of Domainer! I am downloading right now the latest version, and obviously it will solve the issue.
So please ignore my previous posting!

#12 Tribulatio

Tribulatio

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

The problem of backlinks has been solved, but there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of links, as observed by other people on this forum: for instance, one of my websites that had more than 3,700 links is down to... 35 (and this is an active website, with only original content PR 4 (not a parked page).

In such a case, I do definitely know that the number of backlinks does not reflect the real situation.

Obviously, there is space for improvement here.

Otherwise, Domainer is working well and has definitely improved markedly over the past year or so.

#13 Tribulatio

Tribulatio

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Interestingly, the decrease is much more marked for websites that have no English content (e.g. websites in French, Russian, etc.): the decrease is strong, but much less drastic for websites with English content (maybe down to one third, and not to less than 10 percent of the previous count).

Remember that not every website in the world is in English...

#14 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

There has been a decrease in the number of back links that will appear. The reason for this is because the source(s) we use for obtaining these back links are constantly changing. One of the main sources used has been discontinued. We have since replaced that source, but, it has resulted in seeing a lot less links. We'll continue looking for alternate sources that will provide more back links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users