15 replies to this topic

#1 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I've checked out some SEIntelligence videos. Looks really good. Is it essentially a more robust or complete version of iWebSEO? Does it do everything that iWebSEO does? Is there a comparison chart? Or do you need both? Please explain. Thanks! :ph34r:

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

SEIntelligence is much more powerful than iWeb SEO Tool. It includes competitive analysis which you can use right as you create new title tags, descriptions, alt text, etc. Rather than playing a guessing game, you can choose to follow the instructions outlines in SEIntelligence (which you would receive from the competitive analysis). It also contains off-page optimization analysis which as we all know is extremely important.

#3 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Jeremy. So SE does everything iWebSEO does, right? Even the favicon thing.

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

SEI does everything iWeb SEO Tool does, and a whole lot more. But, it does not have a favicon feature, but that is something we might be able to put in.

#5 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

SEI does everything iWeb SEO Tool does, and a whole lot more. But, it does not have a favicon feature, but that is something we might be able to put in.

So if I buy SE and optimize my site with it, will I lose the favicon on my website?

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

No you will not lose it.

We will add favicon support to SEIntelligence soon.

#7 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

:) Thanks. Another question: Does SEIntelligence do anything else that paid applications such as SiteMap Automator, WebCrusher and SERank handle? I just don't want to pay twice for the same thing. Also, if I use all those other applications mentioned above, along with iWebSEO, do I still need SEIntelligence?

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

They all do different things. All together they do a lot!

SEIntelligence is so far beyond iWeb SEO Tool. It is a professional tool that provides an extremely detailed, step by step overview of your entire site.

My recommendation of the order of importance of the software in terms of SEO;

SEIntelligence
Sitemap Automator
WebCrusher
SERank

To be perfectly honest, although iWeb SEO Tool helps, it is a basic utility that only scratches the surface of SEO. If you really want to be successful, I highly recommend SEIntelligence. It is by far our most powerful SEO tool, and one of the most powerful tools available today. Plus we specifically made it compatible with iWeb based sites. No other tools are built specifically for iWeb sites like SEIntelligence is.

#9 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

They all do different things. All together they do a lot!

SEIntelligence is so far beyond iWeb SEO Tool. It is a professional tool that provides an extremely detailed, step by step overview of your entire site.

My recommendation of the order of importance of the software in terms of SEO;

SEIntelligence
Sitemap Automator
WebCrusher
SERank

To be perfectly honest, although iWeb SEO Tool helps, it is a basic utility that only scratches the surface of SEO. If you really want to be successful, I highly recommend SEIntelligence. It is by far our most powerful SEO tool, and one of the most powerful tools available today. Plus we specifically made it compatible with iWeb based sites. No other tools are built specifically for iWeb sites like SEIntelligence is.

Thank you for the clarification. You should create a comparision chart to help us figure that out. You all have saved me countless dollars I could've spent hiring someone to do the work of iWebSEO. I would've needed to dump iWeb altogether to get most folks to help. So I'll be making my purchase soon! :)

By the way, I can only find SE through some other obscure link. You should list it under http://www.ragesw.com/products.php

Edited by Eric B, 13 October 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#10 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Great to hear.

It has not been officially released yet to the public, only to our existing users. We have a huge update coming out next week at which point we will list it publicly to all users.

#11 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Great to hear.

It has not been officially released yet to the public, only to our existing users. We have a huge update coming out next week at which point we will list it publicly to all users.

Ah, I see. :ph34r: Can't wait! I hope you offer a nice deal with Sitemap Automator ;)

#12 lsouth

lsouth

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

Hi Jeremy

I purchased SEIntelligence this morning and i have been playing around with it. I thinks it great, tells me exactly what i need to do, perfect for us web developers who have no idea!

I do however have a couple of questions... i have been using iwebseo tool

- I have been manually adding my h1 and h2 tags in iweb using text boxes, and then using the convert tags button in the SEO tool. Do i need to still do this and publish to my ftp server and then go back in to see the tags? The reason i ask is because i added some h2 tags today and saved and published to my drive, but SEIntelligence doesn't seem to be picking up the changes... i have not published it to the ftp site, however

- i am trying to use anchored links, can you recommend a way to get these into iweb?

Thanks so much!

Cheers
Lauren

#13 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi Lauren,

For header tags, you will still need to run the site through iWeb SEO Tool (to convert the headers) and then load the site in SEIntelligence. We'll see if we can add this feature to SEIntelligence in the future to eliminate this step.

For anchor text, you can change those directly in SEIntelligence;

http://www.ragesw.co...lligence-links/

#14 Eric B

Eric B

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Jeremy, I could be confused on the header tag thing. I made all metadata/title/description/keywords with iWebSEO. So when I buy SEIntelligence, do I need to run my site through iWebSEO first? :o

Has the new SE update you mention earlier been released yet?

Hi Lauren,

For header tags, you will still need to run the site through iWeb SEO Tool (to convert the headers) and then load the site in SEIntelligence. We'll see if we can add this feature to SEIntelligence in the future to eliminate this step.

For anchor text, you can change those directly in SEIntelligence;

http://www.ragesw.co...lligence-links/

#15 lsouth

lsouth

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

Great thanks for that, thats what i thought! jee maybe i am getting to more about SEO'ing than i thought i knew!

If i run any of the 'apply to entire' site buttons or anything in SEO tool will that override what i have done in SEI?

The button would be a great addition to SEI!

Cheers
Lauren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users