3 replies to this topic

#1 cloudwalk

cloudwalk

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

I built the site using iWeb, hosted by MobileMe with a godaddy domain that masked the "web.me" to a chosen domain name. Then added GA tracking code and title tags through iWeb SEO tool on the iWeb html pages thinking/hoping they would be forwarded to the godaddy domain. Not so. Now the "web.me" site is high in Google searches and godaddy domain remains buried. I'm new to Macs, first web site, would appreciate help. Thanks.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

You need a real web host. You shouldn't be using MobileMe not just for this reason but also because it will be discontinued in about 7 months.

We specialize in iWeb web hosting;

http://www.ragesw.com/webhosting.php

Once your domain is not forwarding, you delete your site on web.me.com and you login into you Webmaster Tools account and request a website removal, your domain will start appearing in Google. It takes 1-2 weeks depending in how quickly Google updates your website in their index.

If you sign up with the above hosting we can help you further.

#3 cloudwalk

cloudwalk

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Do I keep the domain name with godaddy?

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

You can keep it with GoDaddy, or you can transfer it over to us. We typically recommend transferring as that makes things easier in the long run (everything under one roof).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users