3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Voss

Tony Voss

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hi... I have been using SiteMap Automator on a site which has various user interface .html pages and also folders containing a database of information in the form of .html files.

I have now reworked the site (not yet public) so the user interface part is in WordPress.

Has anyone any advice about using Sitemap Automator on a WordPress site? I imagine there are specific needs regarding what to include.

There are several WordPress plugins which claim to generate and keep upto date a WordPress sitemap and which presummably know about what needs to be included and excluded. Trouble is one of these would not include my database, which is on the same site but outside the WordPress folder.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hi Tony,

Many of our users use Sitemap Automator with their Wordpress websites with no problem. Sitemap Automator works great with Wordpress websites!

#3 Tony Voss

Tony Voss

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:06 AM

Hi Tony,

Many of our users use Sitemap Automator with their Wordpress websites with no problem. Sitemap Automator works great with Wordpress websites!

Jeremy - there are a load of files on the site which are part of WordPress and which should not be submitted or indexed. Is there a set of pre-sets for WordPress that exclude these?

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

If there are pages that you want to be excluded from your Sitemap, you can specify them in a robots.txt file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users