Photo

Rejected Links: How To Save Or Copy Them And How To Rescan Them?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 EllenH

EllenH

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am using Sitemap Automator 2.6 (on a Mac Pro, OSX 10.8.2) and have problems.

My site has about 40000 links and it takes hours to scan it. At the end, there are a number of rejected links.

First problem: the pane with the rejected links doesn't let you save the list or select them all to copy and paste into another document. This is necessary for me as the checking of the links is done by another person on a different machine.

Second, more serious problem, there is no way to tell the program to rescan just the bad links.
The reason for the rejection was either "HTTP response: -22", which doesn't tell me much and isn't documented anywhere, or Page not found (404) which I understand and can check.

The pages that give a -22 error are all present on the site and can be reached by the links. The 404 errors are pages that have be removed. Their links have also been removed so I think it may be some cache problems on the hosting site. I will investigate this.

If I fix the problems, or if I don't find any problem to fix (as is the case for the -22 errors) I apparently can't ask the program to rescan just the offending links and add them to the sitemap. As far as I can see, I would have to rescan the whole thing, which takes hours and is done at night.

Am I overlooking something? I just want two things:
1/ to be able to save the list of rejected links or copy and paste them all at once into a text file
2/ to have the program rescan just the bad links to complete the sitemap.

Oh, and it would help if you could document the error messages that aren't standard HTTP responses.

Thanks for any help.

Ellen Herzfeld

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi Ellen

Unfortunately, the list of rejected links cannot be saved into a text file. I'll see if I can get this added in a future release.

The program can't only rescan the bad links either. I will also speak with the developers about this and see if it is possible for a future release.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users