4 replies to this topic

#1 stoptime

stoptime

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

One thing I really don't like is that when you save a map for a site and then later want to edit it, you can't. I have to go through and enter the URL again, set filters, and then rescan. I'm then left with various versions on the site map in my Google Sitemap Automater Maps folder, like "site.com" and then when I edit and rescan, it creates "site.com 1" folder. This seems very repetive to me, as the program isn't saving me as much time as I had originally thought it would.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:22 AM

It doesn't sound like you are using the latest version. Try downloading version 1.3 from the URL below.

FYI, when you want to edit a map, open the map project file in your Google Sitemaps Folder in your Documents folder. It should retain all of your filters that you have set for that sitemap. If you want to add a few pages, you can do so manually. However if you want RAGE Google Sitemap Automator to look for new pages, you must re-scan your entire web site. Its the only way for it to know which pages were added.

In version 1.3 however, we have added the ability to create filter Presets so you never have to re-enter your filters again. They are all saved in the programs Preferences and loaded for you on each launch.

This should help with some of the problems you are facing. (Note: version 1.3 is a free update for registered 1.x users)

You can download it from;

http://www.ragesw.co...temap/download/

Hope this helps, let me know if you run into any other problems.

#3 stoptime

stoptime

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

Hi there  - sorry for the late reply! I am using 1.3 - but when I open a file, the 'Web site' and 'pages found' and 'Edit Links' sections are all greyed out. I'd like to be able to go to these sections and edit as needed - manually adding/removing pages, updating priorities, etc. Maybe I am just misunderstanding how the program is designed to work.

#4 Cinzia

Cinzia

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

Once you have scanned a site, edited each link in the profile for that site, saved the profile and generated a sitemap.xml file, it would be nice to be able to later reopen the sitemap.xml file for editing. Even better, it would be great to be able to reopen the Profile for the site, scan the site for changes, keep all the edits you've done, and just have to edit the new links. Currently, when you reopen the Profile for a site, you see everything you did before but if you have to rescan the site just to add new files or delete removed files, everything you did before in the Profile is lost and you have to re-edit each link in the entire Profile all over again.

I've noticed that after the rescan, the sitemap.xml file has been reformatted and retained all the edits of the previous Profile even though the Profile after the rescan has returned to the default settings for each link. However, that sitemap with the correct settings gets written over with the default settings from the rescan Profile if you haven't manually re-edited every link before you click the "Generate Sitemap" button.

I have a site with over 200 pages and I don't want to have to redo the edits for the links that I've already done in the Profile for that site just to get an updated sitemap.xml file. If this application can keep the filter settings for a site, why can't it keep the edits from the Profile?

Is it possible to have a rescan just show the changes from the previous scan to let you edit those links and then have an "Update existing sitemap.xml file" button?

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

Not currently, but we are working on it. What kind of changes are you making? Maybe you can turn all of your changes into filters so that they are applied on each re-scan.

Also, if it is only a few pages that you have added or removed, you can easily add or remove individually pages after you have opened your profile. Just press the plus/minus buttons in the bottom right hand corner. That way you do not have to wait for a new scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users