4 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisLarkin

ChrisLarkin

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Using the SEIntelligence "download website" option, we are getting far more pages downloaded than we want, resulting in a very slow download and analyzing process.

Is there any way to feed the sitemap.xml to the program so that only those pages in the sitemap are downloaded?

Any other links to Magento-related suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi Chris,

You can set up filters in the Preferences of SEIntelligence. Just make sure you select the filter you make when downloading your website.

Note that you should delete the already downloaded website files before doing the above which are located at;

/Users/paul/Library/Application Support/SEIntelligence/SEIntelligence Websites/Downloaded Websites/SEIntelligence Websites

#3 ChrisLarkin

ChrisLarkin

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

How does SEIntelligence decide which pages to download? Is it simply a crawl from the origin page? I recognized some pages downloading that I didn't see links for - and I'd love to be able to simply feed the app my sitemap.xml and only download that content.

Thanks

Chris

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

It follows all links from the URL you provide to it.

There are some really powerful filtering features as described in my first reply that can help you control this.

As of now you can't just provide your XML sitemap file, but this is a feature we want to add.

Perhaps there is a tool available that can do that already, I will try to find one and see what I come up with.

#5 ChrisLarkin

ChrisLarkin

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Awesome - loading from the XML would be a great help for extremely large sites (probably 30k+ distinct generated URLs for mine).

Thanks again for the great product - I'm thrilled with my purchase! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users