3 replies to this topic

#1 justG

justG

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

Domainer shows me a lot of information about my domains. In the interest of saving a bit of horizontal space, I'd really appreciate some data formatting options. There are two that immediately come to mind:

1. Removing "http://" from the beginning of every domain. It's an assumed prefix and I don't need to see it.

2. Numeric date format. Currently Domainer appears to use my system's "medium" date format: dd mmm yyyy (e.g., 02 Jan, 2008). I'd like the option to use my system's "short" date format instead: yyyy.mm.dd (e.g., 2008.01.02).

Thanks for reading.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider this one as well for a future release.

#3 pentimento

pentimento

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

When I don't use the www in front of the domain name, I get different information than that which I get using the entire url. I'm wondering if this is something that I need to fix on the cpanel for those domains.
For instance, without the www, I do not come up with a google page rank or tags...
Thanks!

Edited by pentimento, 15 December 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

Your alexa rank will be the same as well as your delicious tags however the incoming links and Google PageRank will be different. The reason is simply that Google considers your www domain and your non www domain to be 2 different web sites and therefore assigns a pagerank to each one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users