firepants's Content

There have been 3 items by firepants (Search limited from 01-April 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4769 Cannot Open .site File

Posted by firepants on 26 April 2010 - 09:51 AM in WebDesign

Well, it does appear that the issue was my lack of understanding. However, this raises a red flag to me. That is, the process itself and the documentation both fail to clarify what should have been a glaringly obvious task -- importing an existing project.

It appears that your interface design needs rework to prevent this from occurring with other novice users.

#4763 Cannot Open .site File

Posted by firepants on 25 April 2010 - 12:33 PM in WebDesign

First off, let me qualify my post. I understand that my problem could be totally related to my novice understanding of this tool.

Here's my problem: I started designing sites locally with the version 2.x demo. I purchased the tool after 3.x became available. Now when prompted to open a site locally, I navigate to the folder but the .site file is grayed-out. I can't select it. If I try to open the file through Finder, the file contains nothing but ASCII garbage text.

This problem effectively voids all my previous work. If I have to completely rework two commercial websites, I can guarantee you it won't be with this tool because I will request a refund, post haste.

I don't' mind paying for professional-grade tools. I just expect them to behave as such.

How do I fix this problem?

#4762 Webdesign And Style Master

Posted by firepants on 23 April 2010 - 10:43 PM in WebDesign

That'd be a useful feature. But I don't see anything in preferences that allows assigning external editors.