packdad's Content

There have been 6 items by packdad (Search limited from 27-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6315 Incorrect Favicon Code?

Posted by packdad on 01 September 2011 - 01:23 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

I uploaded a favicon to my site, but it isn't appearing, and it failed the recommended URL "favicon.ico" test.

I noticed that the code in my site reads: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

But the code in the demo site (304robina) reads: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />

In my site there's an extra forward slash before "favicon.ico"

Is that the source of the trouble, and if so, how do I upload my favicon so that the code reads correctly?

#6314 Tag Troubles

Posted by packdad on 01 September 2011 - 12:02 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Well, that seems to have done it. Thanks so much! This is a big help.

Here's hoping this means a happy ending for Craig too . . . though I have no idea who Craig is.

#6311 Tag Troubles

Posted by packdad on 01 September 2011 - 10:16 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

No, this isn't Craig. This is Paul. But I'd love to see the response you sent him!

#6306 Tag Troubles

Posted by packdad on 31 August 2011 - 01:31 PM in SEO Software & Discussions

Thanks for your help on this.

As you suggested, I entered, applied and saved tags (I tried Google Analytics code, and a Title Tag), and they still don't "stick." Not only are they not applied to my website, but they don't even remain in the boxes in iWeb SEO Tool. In fact, if I enter Google Analytics code in the "Site Settings/head code" box and click "Apply to Entire Site," the code disappears from the box even while the blue progress bar is still making its across.

(I would attach a screen shot, but I can't seem to locate an "Attach" option here.)

#6303 Tag Troubles

Posted by packdad on 31 August 2011 - 11:13 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

Here are a few more details. . . .

I'm using the latest versions of both iWeb and iWeb SEO Tool.

I notice that my whole website is only 1.4MB on iDisk, and that my iWeb SEO Tool "Application Support" file is only 8KB. Those both seem awfully small. Is something wrong there?

In iWeb SEO Tool, when I click on the triangle next to a "_files" item, it doesn't reveal any files as included. That also seems strange.

#6301 Tag Troubles

Posted by packdad on 31 August 2011 - 06:14 AM in SEO Software & Discussions

iWeb SEO Tool worked well for me for years, but only lately have I encountered problems.

I publish my site to MobileMe. I now find that in iWeb SEO Tool, when I load my site from iDisk, none of my saved tags appear. All of the boxes are empty. (I had saved analytics code and title tags.) Re-entering the tags and re-applying them doesn't help, because those boxes remain empty. The site is up and updating properly using iWeb, but no more tags.

Any thoughts?