BobSongs's Content

There have been 2 items by BobSongs (Search limited from 21-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2234 F2 Doesn't Do What It Should Do

Posted by BobSongs on 11 April 2008 - 10:35 PM in Macintosh Explorer

That's not a bug, it just has never been implemented. We can however add it for the next release.

You're a scholar and a gentleman.

After all: it would appear the purpose of the Macintosh Explorer would better mimic its Windows counterpart.

Yes: I'm a Windows ex patriot. I bought a MBP. I use Linux almost as often as the Mac. Windows on occasion. But the very first piece of software I looked for when starting up the Mac was something that resembled Windows Explorer. As bad as Windows can be... as much as I may dislike Redmond's ways of conducting business... I'm still an ardent fan of the Explorer architecture.

Well. I have gotten used to the genius of the Finder. But I've worked with the MSFT file management system since Windows 3.0's File Manager. I regularly repair Windows machines from Win98 to XP. So I'm no Windows slouch.

Nautilus in GNOME, Konquerer in KDE 3.5x and Windows Explorer resemble each other enough. Finder is still too different for me to work with. I want a file tree.

I am looking forward to Macintosh Explorer's bugs to be worked out. I'm going to do my best to report all I can. When the time comes for the trial period to expire, I'll buy it.

Please do not abandon development.

Thanks.

#2225 F2 Doesn't Do What It Should Do

Posted by BobSongs on 10 April 2008 - 12:58 AM in Macintosh Explorer

Here's an odd bug to crush in upcoming versions.

In the right panel when viewing files/folders I clicked a file and pressed F2. In Windows F2 allows for the changing of a file's name.

But F2 simply made the file become invisible. I clicked a different folder in the left folder tree and returned to the same one where I experimented with F2. All was fine: the file was not deleted.

Machine: MacBook Pro 17"
O/S: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Mac Explorer Version: 4.6b3

Preference
It would be preferable if F2 renamed a file. But that's just a preference.