6 replies to this topic

#1 usvi4me

usvi4me

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I just downloaded your Image Map software and would like to accomplish something similar to this:
http://www.milonic.com/menusample4.php
Is this possible with Rage MapDesign ?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

Something like that is possible but you would have to create mouse over images to display whatever it is you want displayed when the mouse goes over a city.

#3 usvi4me

usvi4me

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Something like that is possible but you would have to create mouse over images to display whatever it is you want displayed when the mouse goes over a city.

Paul,
Thank you so much for your quick response. All images are created. My challenge is that when I create a hot spot, the size of the hot spot does not equal the size of the image (the image is larger) therefore displaying only part of the pop-up image. I've read your documentation, I searched your forum (and noticed some of the people have the same question I do). If you could direct me to the instructions or perhaps could outline where I can start (I assume this is created in the Effects Map) that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your response.

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Hi,

You have to create your hot spots to be the size of the image. However, you can prevent the image from appearing at certain points by overlapping sections of the hotspots with new hot spots that do not link to anywhere.

And yes you would use an Effects based map.

#5 usvi4me

usvi4me

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

Hi,

You have to create your hot spots to be the size of the image. However, you can prevent the image from appearing at certain points by overlapping sections of the hotspots with new hot spots that do not link to anywhere.

And yes you would use an Effects based map.

Paul,

PERFECT - how simple really - overlapping the sections did it.

Thank you

#6 usvi4me

usvi4me

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

Paul,

When I make the hot spot larger than the image, the image lines up upper left. I do not always want the image lined up upper left so I am trying to solve this with a transparent gif. For some reason the transparent gif made in photo shop does not show the transparency in MapDesign. Is it possible to use transparent gifs in Map Design ?

Edited by usvi4me, 07 June 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

You should use transparent PNGs, not transparent Gifs and this should work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users