10 replies to this topic

#1 Yargh

Yargh

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:34 AM

Its been a long time since WebDesign was updated and its falling behind when and whats the future of WD ?

#2 Yargh

Yargh

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

anything new going on?

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Yes, we are working on updates, but do not have anything to announce as of yet.

If you would like a feature added, please let us know.

#4 Robo_1

Robo_1

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

Been thinking about this for a while, so here are some random thoughts on how I'd like to see Web Design evolve:

1 - Becomes the default app for all web design files. nowadays if I double click a js or html file, Safari opens them, not web design.

2 - An easy to use tool bar, (such as the one available on the new version of stylemaster), where a single click will place tags for a list, div, table, p and easier access to snippets.

3 - Improved spell checker.

4 - Improved "prepare site" tools. These are great tools, but if they could be tweaked so they knew not to list every javascript link as an error etc. then that would be great.

5 - Integration with Web Crusher - so if you own both, web design would auto compress the file on save and uncompress on re-opening.

6 - Improved tracking of open and closed tags, with error highlighting for unclosed tags.

7 - One tool I love is right clicking to find end tag. Could that be enhanced so you could choose to highlight or even automatically cut everything in-between the tags you've selected.

8 - A side bar where you can quickly see your site structure, with maybe the ability to drag and drop tagged content.

9 - I know Web Design and Stylemaster do a bit of cross promotion, and they are the tools I use, so any actual integration between the two apps would be most welcome.

10 - On-hover previews. Instead of having to click a button and open a window to see a preview window, which can often get in the way of coding, it would be great if you could just have a preview button which on hovering over, would show a bubble tip of the site you're working on, so that you can quickly check the changes you've made, without having to constantly show and hide the preview window.

11 - Some of the more often used symbols such as quote and & could be in the above mentioned toolbar, so that one click would drop the relevant symbol in.

I think that's everything I can think of for now, hope it offers some assistance :)

Edited by Robo_1, 29 August 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#5 Robo_1

Robo_1

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

I had another quick idea today. Like many web designers, I build my site in php so that I can use .inc files to create a template. It would be cool if Web Design could somehow include the option of editing the .inc file inside the normal file, by clicking on the code and expanding it. It would certainly have to be an optional thing, but any sort of tighter integration of .inc files would be most useful.

Looking forward to hearing some news on the release though. Is it too early to give any sort of timeframe of when we'll hear more about it?

#6 Robo_1

Robo_1

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

You're going to start throwing things at me in a minute, but I've been working on a site and had a sudden idea which I'd find really handy, a tab system! Often I'm flicking between the main page file, the .inc file and a load of js files. It would be super handy if I could stuff all these files into a tab system.

You could have a bit of a project shell, which had these tabs and maybe snippets and relevant links to used images, js files etc.

Could be handy :blink:

#7 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

You're going to start throwing things at me in a minute, but I've been working on a site and had a sudden idea which I'd find really handy, a tab system! Often I'm flicking between the main page file, the .inc file and a load of js files. It would be super handy if I could stuff all these files into a tab system.

You could have a bit of a project shell, which had these tabs and maybe snippets and relevant links to used images, js files etc.

Could be handy :blink:

Tabs is someting we would like to add in a future version.

WebDesign 3.0 beta 2 is available for testing.

See;

http://www.ragesw.com/blog/2009/11/06/webdesign-3-0-b-1-released/

We are still working on one more large feature and fixing bugs.

#8 yagelski

yagelski

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

HTML 5.0 Support please!

#9 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

HTML 5.0 Support please!

Hi,

What kind of HTML 5.0 support are you looking for? What features would you like to see?

#10 Chunky

Chunky

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Could be handy :)

Selectable boxes for the other include files would be great.
Also tabs for all the files you have open, at the moment you have to go to the Window drop down to select the page you require.
The colouring for asp pages could be clearer, is there any way of changing the colours or allocation to certain commands, etc.
for example if i comments some script out using the ' it would be really handy if it greyed it out.

Thanks

#11 Robo_1

Robo_1

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

Could be handy :)

Tabs is someting we would like to add in a future version.

WebDesign 3.0 beta 2 is available for testing.

See;

http://www.ragesw.com/blog/2009/11/06/webdesign-3-0-b-1-released/

We are still working on one more large feature and fixing bugs.

I should mention that I have downloaded the beta and played around with it, but in all honesty, I didn't see much that suggested a leap forward from the current software. As an app which allows beginner web designers to quickly familiarise themselves with web design, and allow those people to be guided from inception through coding to putting the final site online it's great, but as a seasoned coder who wants a greater level of code management and powerful preview tools which ideally, don't constantly eat into my screen real estate, then I am still hoping for a lot more from the next release of web design.

I still like the way web design gets things done, I'm just looking for more power and usability for those of us who sit there with php, js, text and css files open all over the shop, and are looking for a single tool which can efficiently organise all of those files into a more straight forward workflow. Couple that with the ability to quickly and easily analyse code structure and de-bug what's there and you're onto a winner.

I look forward to seeing more from web design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users