Photo

Se Rank - Getting No Results From Google.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelQ

MichaelQ

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

After 24 hours of trying and changing options, I'm pretty sure this isn't my fault.

Trying to check rankings for a new website. After starting with 6-8 engines I now have it checking just one (Google US) and still not working for me.

It say it connects to Google US for all of the Keywords. But no results are received - it just scrolls through the list and then sits there forever.

The only exception is the very first Keyword, which for some reason it gets the results for 3-4 times. But after that it just goes through the list and then sits there.

I have tried a few combinations and values but at the moment my Preferences are:

Max Connections 3
Delay 5
Timeout 25

I've tried with a few other Search Engines and get the same result.

Any ideas / help ?

#2 withmagic

withmagic

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Hi, I am having the same problem I think. I have downloaded the free version of SERank to see how well it works and so far it doesn't. I fill in the keywords OK but I get to the rank checking with yahoo US and the progress bar gets almost to the end and then just sits there as if it is stuck for hours. Yesterday I left it for 2 hours without result and I have just cancelled it today after 5 hours with it still checking. Is there something wrong? Something I should be doing? Or am I just not leaving it to check for long enough?
I would be grateful for any assistance, thank you Jenny

#3 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

After 24 hours of trying and changing options, I'm pretty sure this isn't my fault.

Trying to check rankings for a new website. After starting with 6-8 engines I now have it checking just one (Google US) and still not working for me.

It say it connects to Google US for all of the Keywords. But no results are received - it just scrolls through the list and then sits there forever.

The only exception is the very first Keyword, which for some reason it gets the results for 3-4 times. But after that it just goes through the list and then sits there.

I have tried a few combinations and values but at the moment my Preferences are:

Max Connections 3
Delay 5
Timeout 25

I've tried with a few other Search Engines and get the same result.

Any ideas / help ?

Are you using version 2.0?

If you click Search Results above the results table do you see any results?

If you do a regular search in your browser, do you get an errors from Google?

What keywords and URL are you checking?

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hi, I am having the same problem I think. I have downloaded the free version of SERank to see how well it works and so far it doesn't. I fill in the keywords OK but I get to the rank checking with yahoo US and the progress bar gets almost to the end and then just sits there as if it is stuck for hours. Yesterday I left it for 2 hours without result and I have just cancelled it today after 5 hours with it still checking. Is there something wrong? Something I should be doing? Or am I just not leaving it to check for long enough?

#5 withmagic

withmagic

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Hello Paul,
Thank you for getting back to me.The URL is www.paulgottschalk.com
The key words are

alternative/different
art metalwork
artist in metals
creative artist
enhancing design ethic
eye catching
fantastic gates/railings
forged steel furniture
galvanized steel
gottschalk
Gottschalk Studios.Paul Gottschalk. Design. Creation. Unique. One off. Sculpture. Art metalwork.
hand crafted door furiture
hot forged
magic healing art
metal wall sculpture
positive energy
power to transform
sculptor
sculptural metalwork
unique/one off designs
unusual/original mtetal sculpture
wonderful/whacky benches

Look forward to hearing from you, best wishes, Jenny