7 replies to this topic

#1 leafnstone

leafnstone

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

I have several sites in Domainer but only two have thumbnails. Also the oldest site I have in Domainer does not have meta description showing though I put it in the same way as with the sites that do have meta description showing. What is going on?

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

I have several sites in Domainer but only two have thumbnails. Also the oldest site I have in Domainer does not have meta description showing though I put it in the same way as with the sites that do have meta description showing. What is going on?

Press the Update Domain details button to update your thumbnails and all other info.

#3 leafnstone

leafnstone

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Press the Update Domain details button to update your thumbnails and all other info.

Have done this and waited overnight to see if anything changed and done the whole thing again before I posted here. The only sites that have the thumbnail are wordpress blogs. None of the static sites (well they're not blogs but they use php and the homepage is "index.php") have a thumbnail. Also, it seems that unless the meta description tag is high up on the page, right below the DOCTYPE declaration, it doesn't show up. Is that so?

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Have done this and waited overnight to see if anything changed and done the whole thing again before I posted here. The only sites that have the thumbnail are wordpress blogs. None of the static sites (well they're not blogs but they use php and the homepage is "index.php") have a thumbnail. Also, it seems that unless the meta description tag is high up on the page, right below the DOCTYPE declaration, it doesn't show up. Is that so?

What websites are you having problems with? The meta tags can be anywhere and they will still show up. I suspect there is something uniquely wrong with the URLs you are entering.

#5 leafnstone

leafnstone

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

What websites are you having problems with? The meta tags can be anywhere and they will still show up. I suspect there is something uniquely wrong with the URLs you are entering.

Tell me why I cannot get a meta description or a thumbnail for:
http://acupuncturehealingarts.com/

but it does work when I put in the full link:
http://acupuncturehealingarts.com/index.html

Thanks.

#6 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:22 AM

Thanks.

Because the first link has no meta tags and just forwards to the second link. I don't know why you do this since removing whatever page does the forwarding will insure that the second link always appears.

#7 leafnstone

leafnstone

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thanks.

Because the first link has no meta tags and just forwards to the second link. I don't know why you do this since removing whatever page does the forwarding will insure that the second link always appears.

the first link is the www.acupuncturehealingarts.com and the second link is just acupuncturehealingarts.com

I got all the other links to work correctly when I put in the www. in front of the domain name. Why can't they work without the www.?

Thanks for working with me on this. Every time you reply I try to figure it out with the information you give me. Right now I think a lack of a "www" is the "uniquely wrong" part of the url, especially since I got all my other problem links to work when I added a "www" prefix.

Edited by leafnstone, 28 February 2010 - 04:52 AM.

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

Thanks.

the first link is the www.acupuncturehealingarts.com and the second link is just acupuncturehealingarts.com

I got all the other links to work correctly when I put in the www. in front of the domain name. Why can't they work without the www.?

Thanks for working with me on this. Every time you reply I try to figure it out with the information you give me. Right now I think a lack of a "www" is the "uniquely wrong" part of the url, especially since I got all my other problem links to work when I added a "www" prefix.

The second link ends in index.html. It has nothing to do with the www. It's the way you are forwarding your main page. Remove whatever page forwards to the index.html and everything will work properly. You don't have to have this forwarding, there is no reason for it.

Domainer is working correctly, you really need to fix your website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users