3 replies to this topic

#1 sforichard

sforichard

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

Just downloaded 24 hours ago, can't get any response from many many features... either the program is very buggy, or these many features are disabled until activated. No help from the website, in fact, says it fully functional for some (undefined) time period. Anyone know about this? I like the program but do NOT want to buy if it is this buggy... thanks.

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

Just downloaded 24 hours ago, can't get any response from many many features... either the program is very buggy, or these many features are disabled until activated. No help from the website, in fact, says it fully functional for some (undefined) time period. Anyone know about this? I like the program but do NOT want to buy if it is this buggy... thanks.

What features are you having problems with? Please let me know and I can help you further.

#3 asimeone

asimeone

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

What features are you having problems with? Please let me know and I can help you further.

same problem, just downloaded. For example file search doesn't work.

#4 sforichard

sforichard

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

-- in the search box at top of window, the small down-arrow along side the magnifying glass does not respond (it appears to be an icon copied from other programs which offer search by "file names" or by "content"... it does nothing

-- program consistently forgets certain prefs upon each quit/launch: expand with single click, sort folders first, opens to original defaults every time...

-- program forgets window size and position upon each quit/launch

-- menu command "Find...File" does not respond

-- program does not retain column resized widths in view "As Detailed List", also seems to apply resized widths randomly (clicking on some folders retain resized columns, other folders do not, within same session, very random... quitting and relauching resets all resized columns back to default

-- quicklook does not behave.... pressing spacebar brings up quicklook HUD window but pressing spacebar again does not close HUD (in fact the HUD resizes randomly and in some cases displays image of file below selected file for quicklook)

-- the main window displays numerous quirks and phantoms such as when resizing by dragging lower right dog-ear in view "As Detailed List", sometimes the bottom scroll bar displays when all available column information is on-screen, and/or ghosted vertical scroll bar remain visible, small semi-transparent light-gray box in lower left or lower right of the screen....

-- with "Filter Column" pane open, clicking the + button brings up "New Filter" modal but nothing I enter is accepted, I've experimented with many variations... the modal simply does not respond and I have to cancel out... same with pull-down "New Filer" command

-- selecting command "Flavors...Add Flavor" brings up modal window with both "General" and "Appearance" buttons gray highlighted...

-- menu command "File...Make Alias" truncates (shortens) the file name (even with medium lengths)

-- menu command "File...Reveal" does not respond (tried when folder or file highlighted in left window pane and/or right window pane

Again there is more, this list is partial...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users