10 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I have a jpg that has a lot of image mapping. I have mapped about half of it. Can I come back and finish mapping the rest? When I try to insert image map it asks me to resubmit the image and I can't figure out how to continue working on the same image that is already there? Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Laurie

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hi Laurie,

There is an option to save your image map. Press the Save button located in the top left corner of the application. Save your work and when you want to finish the rest, just open up that saved file.

#3 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hi Laurie,

There is an option to save your image map. Press the Save button located in the top left corner of the application. Save your work and when you want to finish the rest, just open up that saved file.

#4 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hi Laurie,

#5 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

I did save the page under file- save...but when I opened it up again and clicked the add image map, I was not able to go to the previous image. It made me add a new image and I would have to retype all of the image mapping I had previously done. I solved it by starting a new image and copying the html from that image into the original image. But if you know a better way to do it, it would be helpful.

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Make sure you know exactly where on your hard drive you are saving the file. Then you can either double click on that saved file, or you can open up MapDesign, and then press the Open Image Map button, and locate the saved file and load it. All of your previous work done prior to saving will load.

#7 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

Oh, I didn't know I needed map design, too. I will give that a try.

thanks

#8 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

I am working in web design

#9 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

Here is my problem. What do I put i the "url" space to work on the same image? If I put the file name in, a new image is inserted and it does not have the previous mapping information. What do I put in that box to get to the old image to continue mapping in web design?

Thank you!
Laurie

#10 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:52 AM

I think for your situation, if you are making an image map that has many different hotspots and links, you will be better off using MapDesign so that you will be able to save it if you'd like and come back to it later.

http://www.ragesw.co.../mapdesign.html

#11 Laurie Donahue

Laurie Donahue

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Thank you. I did use it and it worked well. But I am still not having any luck inserting images in WebDesign. I have tried everything. And now I have to change an image and that is not working at all either. I like the program except if I can't insert images it is not going to work for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users