Photo

Newbie To Webcrusher And Hostexcellence.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 GrampaDoodie

GrampaDoodie

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Greetings WebCrusher forum,

I'm brand new to WebCrusher and to HostExcellence. Can someone please tell me how I go about filling out the "FTP Details" window from within WebCrusher? I obviously know my Username and Password, but I always seem to get confused with the data that I need to enter in both of the following fields:

Server FTP: //
Directory Path:

I have 3 web sites that are now being hosted on HostExcellence, and would like to now set up WebCrusher to upload my crushed sites. I'm assuming that I can set up all 3 sites with their own info from within the "FTP Accounts" area of the FTP Details window. ??

Thanks much, Gramps.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hi Gramps,

Yes you can setup all three sites with their own FTP info on WebCrusher.

The server address is usually domain.com or it could be an IP address. The Directory Path is the location on the server where you want to put the site's files. If you publish all three sites to the exact same server, then you will need to enter the location on your server for each site. For example, one could be public_html/website1 and the other could be public_html/website2

It is not going to be the example above, but I just wanted to show you an example of what might go in the Directory Path field.

If you are really struggling, send us an e-mail to our support department and we can help you in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users