3 replies to this topic

#1 TruckingWisdom

TruckingWisdom

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

I've tried everything. For example, my website is stored in a folder called TruckingWisdom. Inside of TruckingWisdom is a folder called Includes. Inside the Includes folder is a file called Header.html. This file contains an html snippet that makes the header for my website. i got to WebDesign include, get the dialogue box, and select Header.html. The comment line is correctly inserted in the web page file that I am working on (index.html). I now go to update includes and choose the "in site" option, and it prompts me to select the Includes folder. Then it thinks for a minute, then says "Your website has been updated, all of your include files have been updated". But the Header.html code is not inserted into my index.html page.

I read the other comment that says to save the files first before running the include function. I tried that but it still didn't work.

#2 TruckingWisdom

TruckingWisdom

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Wow... something very strange is going on. I downloaded pagespinner which has an include function that works exactly like webdesign. (It puts a comment into the file and the code should go between the comment tags. Exactly the same thing happened! It didn't work. Strange.

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

RAGE Advisor

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Can you submit this detailed issue to our support department;

http://www.ragesw.co...ckets&_a=submit

Thank you!

#4 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

In WebDesign, if you right click within the include comment tag, can you select 'Open Linked File...'. Does the file open? If not, WebDesign cannot find the file as it is not placed in the right location.

Let me know and we can go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users