David

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hi Guys,

First - Love the sitemap automator.

Is there anyway to not have the PHPSESSID appearing in the URL's that the automator brings back?

Cheers

David

#2 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Hi David,

Does the PHPsessionid appear when you go to the url in your web browser. Can you show me the web site that this is happening with?

You may want to try setting up a filter to not include URLs with PHPsessionids, but only do this if they are appearing without the session ids as well.

#3 aspiringarts

aspiringarts

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:23 AM

Hi. Same thing is happening to me as I am evaluating this product. The product does not identify itself to the web server as a spider, which is why the server assigns a session ID. Can you please fix this or add a preference for this? I will re-evaluate if and when you do. Thanks!

Susan

#4 jef

jef

RAGE Newbie

• RAGE Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

I just purchased this software and would also benefit from it not generating session id's.

Edited by jef, 09 August 2006 - 11:20 AM.

#5 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:16 PM

I do not think that you are able to tell a web server you are a spider. If you are, let me know and I will make sure we add it.

Otherwise what we will have to do is add an option to strip certain query variables before they are added to your sitemap. That will solve the problem with session ids and adding any duplicate urls.

#6 stoptime

stoptime

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

I can also benefit from this on my X-Cart store, it uses 'xid' as the variable.
http://www.mediapressinc.com

#7 Marc P Summers

Marc P Summers

RAGE User

• RAGE Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

I have the same issue - I need it to ignore certain things on the url. This is for zencart....

&language=en
and
&zenid=6437b9054179445ffb0d9c1ffdc607fb

both of these need ignoring.....

Any ideas???

Great software other than that.

Marc

#8 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:25 AM

Hi Marc,

Yes you can do that very easily. First, make sure you have the latest version which is 1.6. You can download it from;

http://www.ragesw.co...glesitemap.html

Then go to the Preferences and select the last tab. You will see a list of variables that you can define to be stripped from the URL. Just add your two variables and your all set.

#9 Paul Reading

Paul Reading

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

I am having problems with session ID's as well. I have added the string but it does not seem to work, I have attached a photo of my settings, please can you explain what I have done wrong so that I can correct it.

Posted Image

#10 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

What language is your web site coded in? The way you are using variables does not seem standard.

#11 Paul Reading

Paul Reading

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

What language is your web site coded in? The way you are using variables does not seem standard.

I am sorry for taking so long to reply, I am still trying to get the answer to your question. The site is generated by the software of a company called Netsuite. I don't think they are very well known, their system is very comprehensive, but does not handle basic things very well, but it does some very sophistic things very well. HTML does not seem to be it's strong point for one thing it does not state a doctype.

Is there a way to get Google Sitemap Automater to actually make a sitemap without session ID's for my site?

#12 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:03 AM

I would create a filter that does not add urls if they contain ;jsessionid

It appears that whatever they are using is not generating proper urls. Unfortunately RAGE Google Sitemap Automator can not fully support them.

#13 Paul Reading

Paul Reading

RAGE Enthusiast

• RAGE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:09 AM

I think that is what I have done if you look at the screen grab above, but it seems to ignore them. In what way are the not proper urls?

#14 RageSW

RageSW

Administrator

• RAGE Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hi Paul,

The screen shot above shows that variables labeled will be stripped from the URL before scanning. What you should do is create a New Filter right before scanning with the following condition;

If the Full URL contains ;jsessionid then do not add.

You can create filters on the first tab where you enter your URL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users